How to help insomnia
Often we experience insomnia when our bodies and minds have been stimulated too close to bedtime. Here’s a few natural remedies for sleep to improve your sleep hygiene and get some more ZZZZ’zzz’s
- Establish a consistent sleep schedule, going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, even on weekends, to regulate your body’s internal clock.
- Create a calm and comfortable sleep environment by keeping your bedroom dark, quiet, and cool.
- Avoid screens before bedtime, as the blue light from phones and computers can disrupt your sleep patterns.
- Watch your diet by avoiding heavy meals, caffeine, and alcohol close to bedtime, opting for a light snack if needed.
- Manage stress with relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation to calm your mind before sleep.